Chicken & Zucchini Noodle Caprese
This is for all of those Italian food lovers out there who want the delicious taste, but don’t want all those calories! This is how: Spiralizing. It is the way of the future. You get to have your same favorite meals, they are now just healthier and full of more nutrients! This Chicken Zucchini Noodle Caprese is one for the books.
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 lb grape tomatoes, cut in half
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2 oz fresh mini mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Start by spriralizing the zucchini using blade D if you have the Inspiralizer, or the thickest noodle blade your spiralizer has.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. In a large non-stick pan set over med-high heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken and cook, stirring until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining oil and garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, until the tomatoes soften, 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, stir in the zucchini and basil, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the mozzarella and serve right away.