Dairy Free Fruit Dip
Fruit dip is such a popular Summer snack to bring to parties! But most store-bought brands are just packed full of sugar and dairy products. So good thing there are some great alternatives! This recipe is made with coconut milk, lemon and vanilla. Now you can bring a snack that is FULLY healthy instead of masked as healthy.
- 1 (14 oz.) can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk*
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar**
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional: fresh fruit for dipping (strawberries, blackberries, apple slices, etc.)
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. Open the can. The coconut cream will have hardened at the top of the can and the liquid will be at the bottom. Use a spoon to scoop ½ cup of the hardened coconut cream off the top of the can. Try not to get any of the liquid from the bottom of the can.
- Add the cold coconut cream to a large bowl. Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat the coconut cream until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until well combined (about 1 minute).
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve immediately with fresh fruit.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. Once refrigerated, the dip will harden a little and may need to be re-whipped before serving.
*This is the canned coconut milk that you would find in the Asian section of your grocery store, not the boxes or jugs that you would find near the almond milk and soy milk.
**Many companies produce vegan powdered sugar, please read labels and visit manufacturer websites to be sure.
Recipe from: THE WHOLESOME DISH